This page is under construction.
Hydrangea Barbara by Caroline Snider
Schisandra Glabra by Julia Horn
Tennessee Pest Plant List – List of plants considered invasive, or pest plants in Tennessee, and can not be propagated, sold, offered for sale, or released within the state
General Books on the Value of Native Plants in Supporting Biodiversity
- Tallamy, Douglas W. Bringing Nature Home. Timber Press, 2007.
- Wilson, Edward O. Half-Earth. Liveright Publishing, 2016.
- Tallamy, Douglas W. Nature’s Best Hope. Timber Press, 2019.
- Tallamy, Douglas W. The Nature of Oaks. Timber Press, 2021.
- Midgley, Jan W. All About Tennessee Wildflowers. Sweetwater Press, 1999.
- Carman, Jack B. Wildflowers of Tennessee. Highland Rim Press, 2001.
- Horn, Dennis, et al. Wildflowers of Tennessee, the Ohio Valley, and the Southern Appalachians. Lone Pine Publishing, 2018.
- Jones, Ronald L., and Wofford, B. Eugene. Woody Plants of Kentucky and Tennessee: The Complete Winter Guide to Their Identification and Use. University Press of Kentucky, 2013.
- Simard, Suzanne. Finding the Mother Tree. Knopf, 2021.
- Williams, Michael D. Identifying Trees of the East: An All-Season Guide to Eastern North America. Stackpole Books, 2017.
All Vascular Plants
- Tennessee Flora Committee. Guide to the Vascular Plants of Tennessee. University of Tennessee Press, 2015.
- Memphis Botanic Garden – membg.org/articles
- Memphis Area Master Gardeners
- The Family Plot: Gardening in the Midsouth
- How to Make A Bird Friendly Sanctuary – Audobon.org
- Wolf River Conservancy – wolfriver.org
- Memphis Horticultural Society List of Resources
- Tennessee Native Plant Society
- Tennessee-Kentucky Plant Atlas